I spend a lot of my time thinking about the world and the wisdom sorely needed.
And, lately, one question I’ve been asking myself is this:
How can we access the wisdom of experienced women?
For a few reasons:
- Reason #1: When you raise a family, and/or build a business and a life, as a woman you earn a unique and broad perspective.
- Reason #2: In the media, including online, mature women are rarely heard. Yet, when included, will often speak plainly and to the heart of the matter.
- Reason #3: Traditionally, we sought the wisdom of elders, especially in times of crisis. Are we now?
To wrestle with this question, a few things I’m doing:
- actively seeking the work of wise women writers and artists
- encouraging women I meet to express themselves bravely
- and helping aspiring female authors to get their stories and skills out.
I relish the day when wise women speak up and claim their power.
(And if you have a clear answer to this question, I’d love to hear from you.)